- Use the Provox Brush to clean mucus and debris from your voice prosthesis. Make it a routine to brush regularly to prevent blockage and mucus build-up.
- Consider using the Provox Flush as a part of your cleaning routine.
- Before brushing and flushing, wash your hands with warm, soapy water for 20 seconds making sure to wash in between your fingers and both sides of your hands.
How to use Provox Brush
Inspect the brush before each use to make sure it is not broken or worn out, and ensure it is clean.
Wet the brush with clean water.
Insert the brush into the middle of the voice prosthesis and move the brush back and forth a few times. Pull it back if you feel any resistance.
Twist the brush around a few times while moving it back and forth.
Remove the brush and clean it thoroughly.
Dry the brush after cleaning.
Tips on using Provox Brush
- Brush both morning and night and after each meal.
- Make sure the Provox Brush you use is clean at all times. Clean and rinse before and after use, and disinfect daily.
- The blue brush shaft can be bent for easier access to the voice prosthesis. Do not bend the bristle head.
- If mucus or debris is stuck inside the voice prosthesis, try brushing with warm water.
- Store the Provox Brush in a clean and dry space. Do not keep it in your pocket. Do not soak it overnight.
- Ensure you have a good supply of Provox Brush available, in case you need to replace a dirty or damaged brush with a new one.
- Replace the Provox Brush at least every 4 weeks or more often if it is dirty or damaged.
- When using the Provox Flush as a part of your cleaning routine, brush first and then flush.
Clean and rinse the Provox Brush before and after use. Wipe the brush to remove any visible residue. Clean in warm soapy water (min. 50°C and 2 drops of dishwashing liquid up to 250ml) for 15 min. Rinse the brush in clean water, cleaning the bristles as you do this. Place the brush with the handle down in a cup to dry.
Disinfect the Provox Brush at least once per day. Use one of the following methods:
Use the correct Provox Brush
- Provox Brush is available for Provox Voice Prostheses sizes 4, 6, 8 and 10mm.
- Provox Brush XL is available for sizes 12.5 and 15mm.
|Provox Voice Prothessis size||Provox Brush||Brush ref no.|
|4 – 10 mm||Provox Brush||7204|
|12.5 – 15 mm||Provox Brush XL||7225|
How to use Provox Flush
Using both the brush and the flush may help to clean your voice prosthesis more thoroughly. Always brush first and then flush with the Provox Flush.
Start with brushing the voice prosthesis.
Place the tip of the flush into a cup of clean water, squeeze the bulb and then release to draw water into the bulb.
Place the tip of the flush into the middle of the voice prosthesis and ensure it is completely flat against the voice prosthesis.
Squeeze the bulb of the flush quickly to release the water with pressure.
Release the bulb so it re-inflates with air.
Remove the flush.
Tips on using Provox Flush
- When using the Provox Flush for the first time, you can try flushing with air first, until you feel comfortable using water.
- Do not squeeze the bulb before the flush is placed into the voice prosthesis to avoid water dripping into your windpipe.
- The tip of the flush is flexible to make insertion easier when the voice prosthesis is difficult to access.
- Always use fresh and clean water when using the Provox Flush.
- Replace the Provox Flush at least every 12 months or more often if it is damaged or dirty.
Clean the Provox Flush in warm, soapy water (min. 50°C and 2 drops of dishwashing liquid up to 250 ml). Squeeze the bulb in the water to draw water into the bulb. Remove the flush from the water and squeeze three times to expel the soapy water. Repeat with clean, soapless warm water. Separate the bulb from the handle and leave to dry on a lint free dry cloth.
Disinfect the Provox Flush at least once per day. Use one of the following methods:
- Ethanol 70% for 10 minutes
- Isopropylalcohol 70% for 10 minutes
- Hydrogenperoxide 3% for 60 minutes
Provox Flush, ref. no 8109